Wednesday, December 19, 2012

2012 Forbidden words.

Every year, I make a post on my personal blog about my New Years resolutions and then the list of forbidden words for this year.  I always strive to not use the forbidden words at all in the course of the up and coming year.  This year, I thought it would be interesting to make my own list.


Normal:
What is normal anyway?

Mayan/Mayans:
I don't know about you, but I am sick of hearing about these people.

Zombie Apocalypse:
Yeah, I'm sick of hearing about this too.

Honestly/ To be honest (TBH)/ Literally:
Overused and usually used improperly.

Retard/Special/Mentally Challenged/Herp/Derp:
Special and mentally challenged come with a condition.  They can be used as long as they are not used in a derogatory manner.    But I want to ban all words that make fun of other people.  These are just a few examples, but the list is quite extensive.

Can't/Cannot:
And will place it with "can" and "will."

Hopeless/Helpless/Lost Cause:
Replace with "hopeful," "helpful." and "work in progress."

Those are my forbidden words. And I will try to eliminate them from my vocabulary in 2013.  What are some of the words you want to eliminate and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment